"Becoming Unstoppable and Irresistible: New Model for Employee Experience"
Presentation Date, Time and Location - TBD
As the pressure grows to increase company growth, along with a blazing hot job market, having a irresistible and differentiated employee experience has become a top priority.
An exceptional employee experience is a major strategic advantage that allows companies to become unstoppable. They can scale and innovate faster, lower costs, increase productivity, retain key talent, more successfully compete and improve the customer experience.
But companies are struggling to figure out how to create it. Spending has skyrocketed with very mixed results. Leaders and managers are unsure of what to prioritize, what actions to take and which tools to use.
It comes down to understanding the human performance equation.
There are a few key strategies and tactics that have significantly more impact than others. Attendees will learn how to build a strategic, actionable plan that incorporates those to get an immediate ROI and build an unstoppable and irresistible workplace.
1) How organizations can best leverage, empower, and inspire their biggest competitive advantage— their employees
2) New employee experience model to use to quickly maximize performance, problem-solving, engagement, teamwork, and overall happiness
3) How to instantly build the essential foundation for a great place to work that attracts and retains talent (hint: trust and psychological safety are at the core)
4) How to think like an employee to create “moments that matter” that positively impact and motivate employees
5) Key tactics, tools, and activities to increase performance, engagement, and teamwork
Jason Treu is a Chief People Officer and leadership and teamwork expert. He helps executives, managers, and HR departments develop unstoppable leaders, talent and employee experiences. He provides coaching, trainings, keynote speaking, conflict resolution, and other services.
He spent 15+ years in leadership positions working with industry-changers such as Steve Jobs, Reed Hastings (Netflix CEO), Mark Hurd (HP), Mark Cuban and others.
He’s the best-selling author of Social Wealth that’s sold more than 60,000 copies. His 2017 TEDxWilmington talk was on “How to Get CoWorkers to Like Each Other.”
He has been named one of the top 10 executive coaches in 2019, 2019 Top HR Influencer, and top leadership and coaching provider by Texas Lawyer Magazine for 2018 and 2019.
More than 25,000 leaders, managers, and employees are using his culture- and team- building game Cards Against Mundanity to skyrocket trust, communication, and teamwork. It’s being used at Amazon, Southwest Airlines, Ernst & Young, Google, Gillette, Microsoft, Oracle, Blue Cross Blue Shield, Worldwide Express, CareHere, Oklahoma City Thunder (NBA team), Houghton Mifflin Harcourt, Novartis, Merck, Intel, Thermo Fisher Scientific, and many others.
He has his law degree and master’s in communications from Syracuse University.