(+) Workplace Mental Health
Founder at StigmaZero
"How the Stigma of Mental Illness Is Ruining Company Culture - And What You Can Do About It"
Wednesday, November 17th, 2021 at 11:30AM (CST)
Everyone here understands the value of a healthy company culture, but many don't realize the threat that mental illness stigma poses. I will share the details necessary to understand why stigma happens in the first place, and the specific steps every company can take to eradicate it. This will include:
- the four realities facing every workplace today (including the data to back them up), and why many companies are unable to respond to them
- the many benefits of a workplace culture that is stigma-free
- the six steps that everyone can take to improve mental health (and culture) in their workplace
My presentation will also stress that simply providing mental health awareness isn’t enough. Many organizations have improved their efforts to raise awareness and literacy surrounding mental health, however they are not realizing the benefits.
The reason is the stigma surrounding mental illness is a deeply rooted mindset, one which is reinforced on a daily basis by pop culture and the behaviour of the majority of those around us. In fact, stigma is a trap our society sets us up to fall into and we don’t break free without highly specialized, workplace-specific training designed for this exact purpose.
1) A deep understanding of why stigma is ruining company culture, and the data to back up the four realities facing every workplace today.
2) The six steps they can take today to begin improving their response to mental illness stigma.
3) The key strategies required to maintain a truly stigma-free workplace and realize the many related benefits.
Author of the book Jason: 1 | Stigma: 0 – My battle with mental illness at home and in the workplace, Jason is a dedicated mental health advocate, stigma fighter and professional speaker, as well as founder of StigmaZero and instructor of the innovative online training program, Create Your StigmaZero Workplace – which helps companies who value their culture. Visit www.stigmazero.com to learn more.